India tests short range ballistic missile
India on Sunday afternoon successfully test-fired a nuclear-capable, short range ballistic missile (SRBM) off the Orissa coast. Known as Agni-1, this indigenously developed the surface-to-surface, single-stage missile blasted off a mobile launcher from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island, about 100 km from Balasore.
15 metre tall Agni-1 weighs 12 tonne and can carry payloads weighing up to one tonne. It has already been inducted into the Indian Army
The test met all parameters, according to S P Dash, Director, ITR. ‘It was a fantastic mission’.
After piercing the sky, the missile re-entered the earth’s atmosphere and its dummy warhead impacted in the waters of the Bay of Bengal in the down range, a Defence ministry official said at the launch site,. ‘The guidance and re-entry system worked well’.
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- CommentariesTop Story Mission Amritpal
- NewsTop Story Video of dancer in mosque inflames Uyghur anxieties about China’s attacks on religion
- News China’s new rural land transfer scheme sparks fears over heavy-handed enforcement
- NewsTop Story Tibetans abroad rally in support of Dalai Lama following outrage over video
- News Taiwanese publisher detained in Shanghai
- News Australian lawmakers meet with Dalai Lama, government-in-exile in northern India
- News Chinese pandemic whistleblower tried in secret, given 3-year jail term
- News Joshua Wong Sentenced in Another Hong Kong Activism Case
- News China FO Presser, Apr 17, 2023
- News China’s Repression of Uyghurs Extends Beyond Borders, Report Says