Meher Baba Jan 4, 2023
The feeling of separation from others is most acute where there is great and unrelieved craving. In hate and anger also the other person is, so to speak, thrown out of one’s own being and regarded not only as a foreigner but as definitely hostile to the thriving of the ego. Fear also is a subtle form of affirming separateness and exists where the consciousness of duality is unabated.
Fear acts as a thick curtain between “I” and “you” and it not only nourishes deep distrust of the other, but inevitably brings about a shrinking and withdrawal of consciousness so as to exclude the being of another from the context of one’s own life.
Therefore, not only other souls but God should be loved and not feared. To fear God or His manifestations is to strengthen duality; to love them is to weaken it.
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News China’s state-owned enterprises aiding Russia were caught by the United States
- News China manufacturing output fell 3.1% year-on-year in Dec
- News US-based Uyghur man calls on China to release his 19-year-old sister
- Commentaries Is China’s ‘wolf warrior’ diplomacy in retreat? Perhaps in words, but not actions
- News Hong Kong political journal editor arrested in China on ‘illegal business’ charge
- News Chinese authorities detain Tibetan writer for contacting people in exile
- News China’s mining ambitions in Afghanistan haunted by militants
- News China Exim Bank allows Lanka to defer debt repayment
- News “China-India border situation stable at the moment”: Vice FM Sun Weidong
- Commentaries Nuisance on Flights