China axes 3 more leaders
Liu Yanping, a top party functionary was arrested on corruption charge.
He is formerly part of the State Security Ministry and even headed the discipline inspection and supervision group in the Ministry of State Security.
Liu stands charged with accepting bribes, an official announcement said.
The Supreme People’s Procuratorate has decided to arrest Liu Yanping in accordance with the law, the announcement said.
Another official from the banking sector, Zhu Shenghui (59) has been hauled up for violation of discipline. He headed the Yingkou Supervision Branch of the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission. He had held several senior positions in planning and financial management sections at the Panjin City Branch of the People’s Bank of China.
Also arrested is Chen Jiadong, a former senior legislator from the Xiamen municipality in Fujian Province. He too stands accused of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power. Chen was formerly the chairman of the Standing Committee of the Xiamen Municipal People’s Congress.
The National Commission of Supervision investigated Chen’s case and handed it over to prosecutors.###
- 60 christians from China seek asylum in US: report
- Baloch group requests UN intervention over rights abuses in Pakistan
- China: Death Sentence to Former Justice Minister for Corruption
- China shows laxity over MeToo; suppresses women’s voices
- Analysis: China ‘s Balancing Act on Russia ‘s War in Ukraine
- China FO Presser, Sept 21, 2022
- China: Two more expelled from CPC
- China FO Presser, Sept 19
- Taliban release US national in exchange for key ally
- Pak Urdu Media Digest, Sept 19, 2022