Covid appears in Tibet, 3 health officials axed
China has sacked three health officials blaming them for the covid surge in Tibet.
They include party secretary and director of the municipal health commission of Lhasa, as also party secretary of the city’s center for disease control and prevention, according to an official statement on Sunday. They are charged with “failing to implement Covid prevention and control work.”
Lhasa , currently under partial lockdown has logged 81 cases.
On Aug 8, Tibet reported four Covid-19 infections in the first sign of the virus in the isolated region since a single case was found in January 2020.
Mainland China is witnessing fresh surge in Covid-19 in recent days. Xinjiang which is often in the news for Uyghur Muslim related issues, reported 398 infections on Saturday, an increase from 336 a day earlier, a media report said.
SHIGATSE OFFICIALS SACKED
Shigatse City health chief and five others were also dismissed with Communist leadership holding them accountable since the outbreak of the epidemic, according to “Shigatse News Center” WeChat public account released on Friday, August 12.
The dismised offcials includ Deng Ke, secretary of the party group and deputy director of the Xigaze Municipal Health Commission, Pu Ci, deputy secretary and director of the party group of the Municipal Health Commission, Pu Qiong, deputy secretary of the samzhuzi district party committee and mayor of the district, Pu Qiong, member of the party group and deputy governor of the Jilong County Government, and Bai Zhen, member of the party group and deputy governor of the Zhongba County Government.###
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News Former Tibetan political prisoner wins international democracy award
- News Uyghur poet Rozi confirmed dead in Xinjiang Jail
- News HK inde documentary to screen in Taiwan
- News 4 Tibetans sentenced for 2nd time in Sichuan
- Commentaries India Needs to Reinvent Ties with Neighbours
- News Li Keqiang’s death fueling distrust, opposition toward Xi Jinping: experts
- News China’s Male Leaders Signal to Women That Their Place Is in the Home: NYT report
- Commentaries India: Complexities Of Caste Syndrome
- News Tibetan language advocate beaten, detained
- News ‘No public mourning for Li Keqiang’