Prayer of Repentance
Given by Meher Baba on 8 November 1952
We repent O God most merciful, for all our sins;
For every thought that was false or unjust or unclean;
For every word spoken that ought not to have been spoken;
For every deed done that ought not to have been done.
We repent for every deed and word and thought
Inspired by selfishness;
And for every deed and word and thought inspired by hatred.
We repent most specially for every lustful thought,
And every lustful action;
For every lie; for all hypocrisy;
For every promise given, but not fulfilled;
And for all slander and backbiting.
Most specially also, we repent for every action
That has brought ruin to others;
For every word and deed that has given others pain;
And for every wish that pain should befall others.
In your unbounded mercy, we ask you to forgive us, O God,
For all these sins committed by us;
And to forgive us for our constant failures
To think and speak and act according to your will.
- China FO Presser, Sept 30
- Muslim nations turn a blind eye to repression on Uyghurs
- Congress Marathon Walk & BJP
- Sri Lanka wary of entering into FTA with China
- Former vice chairman of Tibet regional gov’t indicted for bribery
- China FO Presser, Sept 29
- State Dept Presser, Sept 29, 2022
- Mismanagement of Covid services creates havoc in Tibet: Report
- China: More officials axed
- China FO Presser, Sept 28