Prez Pratibha Patil Voluntarily Declares Her Assets
Pratibha Patil has become the first President in the world to voluntarily declare the details of her assets and thus has set an example for the world,particularly to India’s neighbors..
Patil, who was elected President of the largest democracy four years back, has posted the details of her movable and immovable properties on her official website, www.presidentofindia.nic.in
The movable properties are worth about Rs. 16 million; immovable asserts are valued at Rs8.383 million. In her native Jalgaon along the west coast of Maharashtra, President Patil has farm land worth about half a million rupees. She inherited 3.57 hectares agricultural land worth nearly a million rupees in Jalgaon and another land worth Rs2 million in Dhule district from her father. She has a house and some farm land in Amaravati district as well.
Her investment are in fixed deposits (Rs. 6.88 million) , Public Provident Fund (Rs. 1.26 million), post office savings scheme ( little less than half a million), and infrastructure bonds ( Rs2.9 million). She has not invested much in shares. Her bank account shows a balance of Rs1.633 million as on date.
Indian President, whose husband is an educationist and is running several institutions, has gold jewellery worth Rs,3.1 million and silver articles worth Rs 69,134.
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- CommentariesTop Story Mission Amritpal
- NewsTop Story Video of dancer in mosque inflames Uyghur anxieties about China’s attacks on religion
- News China’s new rural land transfer scheme sparks fears over heavy-handed enforcement
- NewsTop Story Tibetans abroad rally in support of Dalai Lama following outrage over video
- News Taiwanese publisher detained in Shanghai
- News Australian lawmakers meet with Dalai Lama, government-in-exile in northern India
- News Chinese pandemic whistleblower tried in secret, given 3-year jail term
- News Joshua Wong Sentenced in Another Hong Kong Activism Case
- News China FO Presser, Apr 17, 2023
- News China’s Repression of Uyghurs Extends Beyond Borders, Report Says