3 die of Covid with no timely help in Tibet
Three Tibetans have reportedly died of Covid-19 as they failed to get timely medical care, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported citing sources.
“They died because they did not get the treatment they needed on time,” one source said, speaking on the condition of anonymity for security reasons.
According to the RFA source, the Chinese government has not reported a single Covid death in Tibet.
The Tibetan community has identified two of the dead as Penpa Tsering from Lhasa Toelung Dechen (in Chinese , Duilongdeqing), Ajho Penpa from Shigatse (Rikaze).
The third covid victim is said to be from Gyantse (Jiangzi).
Tsering, 62, was a doctor by profession. he died at home .
Authorities did not allow Ajho Penpa’s family to take his body cremate it for six days. “A sign that read ‘Covid positive family’ was then hung outside their door.”
Lhasa is under a lockdown since 30 days as covid numbers continue to rise with total cases till this Thursday put at 16,327.
The lockdown restrictions have drastically affected the day-to-day lives of the people due to food shortage.
Chinese authorities have set up several quarantine facilities,
These centres however lack medical care or sanitation facilities, sources told RFA, accused the authorities of “confining people together in quarantine centres whether they are COVID positive or not.”###
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News Former Tibetan political prisoner wins international democracy award
- News Uyghur poet Rozi confirmed dead in Xinjiang Jail
- News HK inde documentary to screen in Taiwan
- News 4 Tibetans sentenced for 2nd time in Sichuan
- Commentaries India Needs to Reinvent Ties with Neighbours
- News Li Keqiang’s death fueling distrust, opposition toward Xi Jinping: experts
- News China’s Male Leaders Signal to Women That Their Place Is in the Home: NYT report
- Commentaries India: Complexities Of Caste Syndrome
- News Tibetan language advocate beaten, detained
- News ‘No public mourning for Li Keqiang’