China axes 3 more leaders
Liu Yanping, a top party functionary was arrested on corruption charge.
He is formerly part of the State Security Ministry and even headed the discipline inspection and supervision group in the Ministry of State Security.
Liu stands charged with accepting bribes, an official announcement said.
The Supreme People’s Procuratorate has decided to arrest Liu Yanping in accordance with the law, the announcement said.
Another official from the banking sector, Zhu Shenghui (59) has been hauled up for violation of discipline. He headed the Yingkou Supervision Branch of the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission. He had held several senior positions in planning and financial management sections at the Panjin City Branch of the People’s Bank of China.
Also arrested is Chen Jiadong, a former senior legislator from the Xiamen municipality in Fujian Province. He too stands accused of bribery, embezzlement and abuse of power. Chen was formerly the chairman of the Standing Committee of the Xiamen Municipal People’s Congress.
The National Commission of Supervision investigated Chen’s case and handed it over to prosecutors.###
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News Journalist Sophia Huang, labor activist Wang Jianbing face subversion charge
- News Xinjiang village walled to control Uyghur movement
- Commentaries Prachanda in China with a Wish list
- News Uyghur event in NY goes ahead despite Beijing’s warning
- News China’s Income Gap Widens
- NewsTop Story “Role Model” Uyghur entrepreneur jailed for 15 years
- News Afghan Taliban Detain 18 on Charges of Preaching Christianity
- News Uyghurs urge UN GA to halt China’s genocide in East Turkestan
- News Among Uyghurs, China aims to ‘meld Islam with Confucianism’
- News Crackdown on Muslims in rural Xinjiang