China sweeps up 12,000 crypto-related social media accounts
China’s internet regulator has launched a new campaign to crackdown on the crypto-currency accounts.
The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) has ordered social media platforms to terminate 12,000 cryptocurrency-related accounts, as Beijing continues to ramp up its crackdown on the industry, says South China Morning Post (SCMP).
The purged social media accounts span multiple platforms, including Weibo, Baidu and Tencent Holdings’ WeChat, according to the CAC. It has also shut down 105 websites that “hyped up” crypto-currencies and ran tutorials on buying, selling and mining the digital assets, the report said.
The latest crackdown is part of a new campaign the CAC launched recently targeting the “chaos” of cryptocurrency speculation, SCMP report said quoting the watchdog, since netizens were “confused by” the false promise of high returns and therefore suffered heavy losses from cryptocurrency trading activities.
The space for any cryptocurrency-related activities has continued to shrink in China, adds the report. Already, trading and mining of the blockchain-based tokens are banned###.
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News US blacklists three more firms for Uyghur slave labor
- News Journalist Sophia Huang, labor activist Wang Jianbing face subversion charge
- News Xinjiang village walled to control Uyghur movement
- Commentaries Prachanda in China with a Wish list
- News Uyghur event in NY goes ahead despite Beijing’s warning
- News China’s Income Gap Widens
- NewsTop Story “Role Model” Uyghur entrepreneur jailed for 15 years
- News Afghan Taliban Detain 18 on Charges of Preaching Christianity
- News Uyghurs urge UN GA to halt China’s genocide in East Turkestan
- News Among Uyghurs, China aims to ‘meld Islam with Confucianism’