China: Two more expelled from CPC
In the continuing purge of corrupt elements in the Chinese Communist Party, the axe has fallen on a former railway general manager, Sheng Guangzu, says the Global Times.
He stands accused of abusing his power for personal benefit when he worked in the Customs as well as in the China Railway Corp, the daily said quoting the anti-graft body.
Disregarding the Party’s frugality code, Sheng accepted banquets, tours, invitations and gifts that may have compromised his impartiality in the performance of his official duties. He also abused his power to seek benefits for others, such as the promotion of officials and the recruitment of working staff, the report said.
Also expelled from CPC is Li Jiexiang, formerly of the Qinghai Provincial Party Committee. He too is accused of taking bribes, and using state machinery for personal and political gains. A major charge against him is that he believed in vulgar “wine table culture”.
“Li Jiexiang seriously violated the Party’s political discipline, organizational discipline, integrity discipline, work discipline, and life discipline”, said the anti-graft body in its indictment.###.
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- Commentaries Message to Jagan from the fall of KCR Fortress
- News UN rights chief slammed for not acknowledging Uyghurs on genocide convention anniversary
- Commentaries Post-Nov ballot, BJP Expects One Sided Final in 2024
- Commentaries India’s loss at UNESCO Board Poll
- News China requires job applicants in Tibet to denounce Dalai Lama
- News Former Tibetan political prisoner wins international democracy award
- News Uyghur poet Rozi confirmed dead in Xinjiang Jail
- News HK inde documentary to screen in Taiwan
- News 4 Tibetans sentenced for 2nd time in Sichuan
- Commentaries India Needs to Reinvent Ties with Neighbours