No fruit is higher pay than this: Hafiz
To us intoxicated lovers glance our way, more than this;
To Winehouse door show the pathway, more than this.
Thank You for the grace that flows to use form Your lip,
It’s wonderful, but give a little more I say: more than this.
To that One Who simplifies this crazy mixed-up world,
Say: ‘Make explanation in a subtle way, more than this’.
How can I not lay my heart at such beautiful young feet?
Time never birthed beauty on any day, more than this.
The critic said to me: ‘Besides grief, what is from love?’
‘Wise sir,’ I said, ‘it has meaning today, more than this.’
‘Take up the cup’ I say, ‘drink away and kiss the lip;’
For my soul, answer none could say, more than this.
The reed of Hafiz’s pen is a sweet branch of sugarcane;
Take it, in garden no fruit is a higher pay, more than this.
- 60 christians from China seek asylum in US: report
- Baloch group requests UN intervention over rights abuses in Pakistan
- China: Death Sentence to Former Justice Minister for Corruption
- China shows laxity over MeToo; suppresses women’s voices
- Analysis: China ‘s Balancing Act on Russia ‘s War in Ukraine
- China FO Presser, Sept 21, 2022
- China: Two more expelled from CPC
- China FO Presser, Sept 19
- Taliban release US national in exchange for key ally
- Pak Urdu Media Digest, Sept 19, 2022