Pakistani forces guarding CPEC projects attacked in Balochistan’s Kech
Pakistani forces guarding the CPEC project came under an armed attack in Balochistan’s Kech district on Friday morning.
The attack took place in the Ashal area of Kolwah in Kech, reported Balochistan Post, adding that the forces suffered causalities. The attackers escapade. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet.
This type of attack bears the stamp of Baloch separatists, who consider the China -Pakistan Economic Corridor as an “exploitative” project. Other such projects across in Balochistan have also been targeted in the past.
Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) spokesman Jayand Baloch has warned Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) to stop the exploitation of Baloch resources and leave Balochistan.
Chairman of Baloch National Movement Naseem Baloch said that Balochistan is facing both Pakistani atrocities and environmental devastation. The latest floods have virtually cut off large tracts of Balochistan from rest of Pakistan.
“Greenhouse gases have very bad effects on the environment and health. They cause climate change by increasing the temperature, and they also cause respiratory diseases from smog and air pollution. Other effects of climate change due to greenhouse gases are extreme hot weather and an increase in forest fires,” said Naseem Baloch.
“The government’s attitude”, he went on to say, “can be gauged from the fact that the families of the enforced missing persons have been protesting in front of the Chief minister and Governor Houses for the recovery of their loved ones for 45 days, but the government has not cared to talk to them”.
He appealed to the international community to work with established NGOs and other institutions to help the flood-hit people of Balochistan###
- 60 christians from China seek asylum in US: report
- Baloch group requests UN intervention over rights abuses in Pakistan
- China: Death Sentence to Former Justice Minister for Corruption
- China shows laxity over MeToo; suppresses women’s voices
- Analysis: China ‘s Balancing Act on Russia ‘s War in Ukraine
- China FO Presser, Sept 21, 2022
- China: Two more expelled from CPC
- China FO Presser, Sept 19
- Taliban release US national in exchange for key ally
- Pak Urdu Media Digest, Sept 19, 2022