Pakistani forces guarding CPEC projects attacked in Balochistan’s Kech
Pakistani forces guarding the CPEC project came under an armed attack in Balochistan’s Kech district on Friday morning.
The attack took place in the Ashal area of Kolwah in Kech, reported Balochistan Post, adding that the forces suffered causalities. The attackers escapade. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet.
This type of attack bears the stamp of Baloch separatists, who consider the China -Pakistan Economic Corridor as an “exploitative” project. Other such projects across in Balochistan have also been targeted in the past.
Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) spokesman Jayand Baloch has warned Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) to stop the exploitation of Baloch resources and leave Balochistan.
Chairman of Baloch National Movement Naseem Baloch said that Balochistan is facing both Pakistani atrocities and environmental devastation. The latest floods have virtually cut off large tracts of Balochistan from rest of Pakistan.
“Greenhouse gases have very bad effects on the environment and health. They cause climate change by increasing the temperature, and they also cause respiratory diseases from smog and air pollution. Other effects of climate change due to greenhouse gases are extreme hot weather and an increase in forest fires,” said Naseem Baloch.
“The government’s attitude”, he went on to say, “can be gauged from the fact that the families of the enforced missing persons have been protesting in front of the Chief minister and Governor Houses for the recovery of their loved ones for 45 days, but the government has not cared to talk to them”.
He appealed to the international community to work with established NGOs and other institutions to help the flood-hit people of Balochistan###
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- CommentariesTop Story Mission Amritpal
- NewsTop Story Video of dancer in mosque inflames Uyghur anxieties about China’s attacks on religion
- News China’s new rural land transfer scheme sparks fears over heavy-handed enforcement
- NewsTop Story Tibetans abroad rally in support of Dalai Lama following outrage over video
- News Taiwanese publisher detained in Shanghai
- News Australian lawmakers meet with Dalai Lama, government-in-exile in northern India
- News Chinese pandemic whistleblower tried in secret, given 3-year jail term
- News Joshua Wong Sentenced in Another Hong Kong Activism Case
- News China FO Presser, Apr 17, 2023
- News China’s Repression of Uyghurs Extends Beyond Borders, Report Says