‘Tibetan Democracy, best gift by Dalai Lama’
Tibetans world wide celebrated Sept 2 as the Democracy Day. It was on this day in 1960 that the Dalai Lama introduced radical political reforms that made democracy his lasting legacy. From that day the Tibetans have been electing their political leaders directly through elections.
Democracy is one of the best gifts Dalai Lama has given to the people of Tibet, says Tsering Passang, a London based Tibetan rights activist,
He criticised that the Chinese Communist Party has become the No. 1 enemy of democracy, freedom and justice and added that persecution continues in China, Tibet and East Turkistan.
Traditional cultural performances were staged in Lonfon to herld the Tibetan Democracy Day. Everyone preent in the 50-strong gathering joined in singing Mangtso Sar-zhe, a specially composed Tibetan Democracy song to cherish the Dalai Lama’s gift.
Tsering Passang, Founder and Chairman of the Global Alliance for Tibet Persecuted Minorities, in his social media post said, “We thank and remember the Dalai Lama once again today – 2nd September – the Tibetan Democracy Day.”###
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- CommentariesTop Story Mission Amritpal
- NewsTop Story Video of dancer in mosque inflames Uyghur anxieties about China’s attacks on religion
- News China’s new rural land transfer scheme sparks fears over heavy-handed enforcement
- NewsTop Story Tibetans abroad rally in support of Dalai Lama following outrage over video
- News Taiwanese publisher detained in Shanghai
- News Australian lawmakers meet with Dalai Lama, government-in-exile in northern India
- News Chinese pandemic whistleblower tried in secret, given 3-year jail term
- News Joshua Wong Sentenced in Another Hong Kong Activism Case
- News China FO Presser, Apr 17, 2023
- News China’s Repression of Uyghurs Extends Beyond Borders, Report Says