Yet another senior Chinese official faces graft charges
In the continuing graft saga that has seen the exit of several Communist functioneries across China, Li Wenxi, a top official of the Liaoning province has been hauled up on the charge of accepting bribews.
The official’s name is given as Li Wenxi. He was until recently a vice chairman of the Liaoning Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference.
On Thursday, he appered before the Intermediate People’s Court in the city of Tai’an (Shandong Province) to face trial. He pleaded guilty, a Chinese media report said.
According to the prosecution, Li had taken advantage of his official position between 2004 and 2021 and took bribes as return gift for the favours he had shown.
Li had held several key posts in Liaooning province. He was the Police Chief and also a senior political advisor. He accepted money and gifts worth about US Dollars 81.41 million as his cut for faciitating mining approvals, and business operations besides helping the chosen few to evade criminal charges, accordingto the evidence presented by the prosecutors.
Li and his defense counsel cross-examined the evidence. And in his final statement, ‘Li pleaded guilty and expressed remorse’,the report said.
The quantum of punishment will be announced later, the report added..
- Book Review DESTINY OF A DYSFUNCTIONAL NUCLEAR STATE
- Book ReviewChina FO Presser Where is the fountainhead of jihad?
- Book ReviewNews Pak Syndrome bedevils Indo-Bangla ties
- Book Review Understanding Vedic Equality….: Book Review
- Book Review Buddhism Made Easy: Book Review
- Book ReviewNews Elegant Summary Of Krishnamurti’s teachings
- Book Review Review: Perspectives: The Timeless Way of Wisdom
- Book ReviewNews Rituals too a world of Rhythm
- Book Review Marx After Marxism
- Book Review John Updike’s Terrorist – a review
Recent Top Post
- News US blacklists three more firms for Uyghur slave labor
- News Journalist Sophia Huang, labor activist Wang Jianbing face subversion charge
- News Xinjiang village walled to control Uyghur movement
- Commentaries Prachanda in China with a Wish list
- News Uyghur event in NY goes ahead despite Beijing’s warning
- News China’s Income Gap Widens
- NewsTop Story “Role Model” Uyghur entrepreneur jailed for 15 years
- News Afghan Taliban Detain 18 on Charges of Preaching Christianity
- News Uyghurs urge UN GA to halt China’s genocide in East Turkestan
- News Among Uyghurs, China aims to ‘meld Islam with Confucianism’