Discuss Uyghur situation in the Security Council: World Uyghur Congress
It is about time that the situation of Uyghurs should be discussed at the Security Council and the Human Rights Council, says the World Uyghur Congress, (WUC)
“I wish to see actions, not just statements, reports, ‘concerns’ only. The Uyghur matter should be discussed at the UN security council and the human rights council,” the WUC vice president tweeted, while welcoming the report released by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on the Xinjiang situation.
A group of 60 Uyghur organizations from 20 countries also called for an immediate response to put an end to atrocities against Uyghurs.
Several organisations have made demands for global boycott of Chinese products. Announce a diplomatic boycott of events held by China, they said.
European Union (EU) foreign policy chief Josep Borrell also welcomed the UN report. It was a “rigorous review” of evidence about systemic abuse of Muslim minorities in China###
- 60 christians from China seek asylum in US: report
- Baloch group requests UN intervention over rights abuses in Pakistan
- China: Death Sentence to Former Justice Minister for Corruption
- China shows laxity over MeToo; suppresses women’s voices
- Analysis: China ‘s Balancing Act on Russia ‘s War in Ukraine
- China FO Presser, Sept 21, 2022
- China: Two more expelled from CPC
- China FO Presser, Sept 19
- Taliban release US national in exchange for key ally
- Pak Urdu Media Digest, Sept 19, 2022